After you hit submit and ALL sections of the Common App (the application, writing section, and payment), Common App will send the application to us. Within five days of that, our computer system will send you login information. The system is called SIS and that is where you'll monitor your application and your financial aid documents (if you submit them).
The first time you log in, you will probably see several items missing from your file. Don't worry about that yet! Your teachers and counselors have a different deadline for submitting their documents.
Good night, applicants!
Now, here are some links to posts about common questions that arise around deadline time:
- Incomplete application status messages
- Submitting supplements that aren't art supplements
- Sending resumes
- How a Financial Aid application affects admission (remember aid forms are due March 1)
- How UVa uses demonstrated interest
- Quotas for different geographic regions
- Quotas addressed again
- SAT score submission
- How activities are used in our review
- Essay length and word count
- The role of parents in the process
- How we use social media part 1 and part 2