Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Intermission

We are still immersed in our Early Action review, but I have to take a moment to introduce you to someone who will probably be making an appearance on the blog in gif form in the future.

If you hadn't noticed, I love to sprinkle gifs into my posts these days. I started doing this last year, when we were moving to the waiting list. I was trying to covey how excited we were to make waiting list offers and my CavDog pictures weren't doing the trick. A gif from 30 Rock was perfect. Tina Fey became my "go to" gif subject since she's one of the smartest, funniest women around and she's a UVa graduate.


If someone would give me a few Katie Couric gifs to work with that go beyond blinking, I'd use them.


Yesterday afternoon, I learned that another funny, smart UVa alumna is joining the cast of Saturday Night Live. Sasheer Zamata, who graduated just three years ago, is the newest member of that show's cast. I expect the library of Sasheer gifs to grow as soon as her first show airs.

Wahoowa, Sasheer!


By the way, I see the comments, tweets, and posts on message boards about the timing of our process. We are still working. A thorough, thoughtful review takes time. Rest assured that as soon as we are done, I will post immediately.