Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Overlap Season Begins

The overlap season is when we are working with several different groups of students, all with different needs. I didn't remember that it was overlap time until yesterday, when I was the "on call" dean. Most of the phone calls I took were from transfer students. Their application deadline is March 1st. The walk-ins were mostly students who were admitted during Early Action. A snow storm gave lots of students a couple days off, so some apparently decided to take a ride to Charlottesville, which wasn't impacted too heavily. A few juniors were in the office, just starting the tour circuit. Remember those days, seniors?

After a day of meeting with visitors, I decided to catch up on my reading in the wee hours.


That was a bad idea because this was me as I was thinking about the super awesome blog post I should write for you all today:


 So...let's just make this an open thread. If you want to ask questions, go for it. If you just want to share something, that's fine, too.