Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Friday, March 28, 2008

Last minute notes about your decisions

I have a few notes for those who plan on logging onto the online application status page to see decisions this evening.

1. I personally think you should check from home. However, if you happen to check from school or from a location where you'll have other students around, try to be considerate of others' feelings. Years ago, we released decisions at an earlier time and we heard stories of some students celebrating in the hallways while others were trying to console each other.

2. The status page will have a very short statement, not the complete decision letter. Your letter is coming to you in the mail.

3. If you submitted your application by paper, you can't check your status online. There are only about 570 people who did that, so this shouldn't be a problem for most of you.

4. Don't hammer the online application website. The decisions won't show up early. I will be watching http://time.gov to make sure I release decisions at the right time. At 6 PM Eastern, I'll start writing the code that makes decisions appear. It will probably take about 20 seconds for me to get through it all.

5. I will post some threads for you all to chat in (admit, waitlist, deny). In the past, people have sometimes been critical of other schools. I really hope that doesn't happen this year. If comments start getting offensive, I will disable comments. I completely understand that some of you will be upset and even angry, but try not to take that out on here.

I think that's it...good luck!
Still waiting...