Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Student Takeover: Tabi Summers

 For the next few weeks, students will be taking over the UVA Admission account on instagram (@uvaadmission). I thought I'd introduce each student here before they start posting on the account. Keep an eye on our Instagram stories to hear from Tabi!

Name: Tabi Summers

Hometown: Baltimore, MD

Major:
Architecture in the School of Architecture with minors in Architectural History, Urban and Environmental Planning, and Real Estate Finance.

Activities: 
Outside of class, I am vice president of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) chapter at UVA. I am also on a national committee for this organization. In the fall, I interned alongside my coursework, but this Spring I am working as a student instructional assistant for a planning course, a student research assistant for a publication that is under development by an A-School faculty member, and as the assistant to the chair of the Urban Planning Department. I also work as an admissions ambassador in the A-School. Off Grounds, I volunteer at a local clothing resale store.


Favorite UVA Memory: 
Some of my favorite UVA memories are doing things in Charlottesville Off-Grounds like going to the farmers market, hiking Humpback, and enjoying the Rivanna river on nice days.