Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Happy April Fool's Day!

I have to admit that I slacked on putting together an April Fool's Day joke for you...so I'm going to harken back to last year when the UVa Libraries posted this hilarious video. There were a few people around here who actually believed this for a few hours:



My joke last year was announcing that CavDog was retiring and would be replaced by CavSnake. I posted this during a Days on the Lawn event and had people coming up to us expressing their sadness that it was one of his last DOTLs.

The Library helped me out and posted this a few hours later:


I'll start thinking about my 2016 joke now so I have something great to share.