Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Preview the New UVA Commercial

I love a good college commercial. You know how some people wait with baited breath for Super Bowl commercials? That's how I am with college spots. Most schools get a 30-60 second spot during half time of televised games and I have to see them.

I find that the good ones either give me chills or make me want to stand up and cheer. The new UVa spot just came out (it will make its TV debut this weekend) and it makes me want to do both of those things. I feel very lucky to be part of this amazing place in my very small way.




Many will be traveling tomorrow, so I'll wish you a happy Thanksgiving today. Safe travels and have a wonderful holiday!