Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Class of 2015 is complete

We made a last round of offers to students on the waiting list yesterday. The student I called gave me his answer right away, which was fun for me.  With those students, we have filled our incoming class.

Emails are going out today to let everyone on the waiting list know that we are releasing the list.

I know some will ask if they can remain on the list just in case someone from the class cancels, but I encourage you to turn your sights on the school where you've deposited.  Thank you so much for being part of this blog...longer than most students have been.  It's been a pleasure talking with you throughout this process.



Ideally, a year from now, you will be happily engaged in a school you can't imagine leaving.  However, if you still feel you belong at UVa, perhaps you'll enjoy reading the transfer blog, written by one of my colleagues.