Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

More from Youtube

I got a little lost on Youtube again.

The UVa Youtube channel has videos I have never seen before. I'm going to have to subscribe to stay on top of things from now on.

I love how this student says AccessUVa is the "greatest gift" anyone has ever given him. I also like that he showed off the list of residents who have lived in his lawn room before him. I always imagine that the first few days in a lawn room are spent googling those names.


One of the related videos is an interview with an Iraq war veteran who transferred into UVa.


I was really happy to learn that we have a sustainability coordinator working with the dining halls. Who knew all of our apples are local? Our bananas and coffee are fairly traded? Nice!



I wish I had seen this back in December. It includes some great pictures from 2009, including ones of our late Dean of Admission, Jack Blackburn.