Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Friday, January 04, 2013

Still Waiting

I'm starting to get multiple questions each day about when we will be done with the early action process.  I remember how long the wait felt when I applied to college and I assure you that we are working as quickly as possible in our review.

Here's the thing. Holistic review, which is the phrase admission folks use to describe a process where a decision is rendered after reading the entire application, takes time. If we leaned solely on the numbers, we'd be done much more quickly.  But we have this habit of analyzing transcripts and readying essays and recommendations in addition to the other stuff that we just can't shake. 

We are moving quickly, but I don't think anyone wants to sacrifice a thorough, thoughtful review, right?  We feel really strongly about this. We're working weekends and over holidays in hopes of releasing early.  In fact, I really should have my head in the files right now, so I'll sign off.

Hang in there, early action applicants.  We're getting there.

Slow down!