Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Process update

Just an update for those wondering what we're up to.

The first round of reading and Echols/Rodman selection continue simultaneously. Our current Echols Scholars were in the office this evening to make some more phone calls and they'll be back every week or so for the next month.

We'll start a second round of review shortly (this is sort of a "double check" for us), then we start printing, folding, and stuffing envelopes. I know it feels like you've been waiting forever, but decision letters will be making their way to your mailbox soon*!

*By soon, I mean that April 1st will be here before you know it. I still don't see us being done with the process early. As I've always promised, the moment I have a solid idea of when we'll be mailing, I'll post an update here.