Peabody is the building, Jack is the dog, and I'm Dean J (she/her, btw).

There are years of posts here. The search box works well, but please consider the age of the posts when you find them. The college admission process changes every year!

References to emailing updates to your application are from the years when we didn't have the current applicant portal. Please follow the instructions in your portal to submit all updates.

Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Blog Comment Lag

My decision day tradition usually has me stepping away from the blog for a day to let students chat.  It also gives me a day off after being in application mode since November.  I usually return to the blog on Sunday to start responding to questions that have been posted by students while I was away.

Just like I've done in past years, I spent much of yesterday responding to comments that came into the blog on Friday and Saturday.  Unbeknownst to me, the comment platform I use, Disqus, has a bug and wasn't posting my replies.

I spent the morning cutting and pasting comments back into the blog and I *think* I have gotten back to everyone who had a question.  If I did not respond to your question over the weekend, please know that it was not intentional. 

Obviously, I'm now a day behind on providing updates.  I'll have some statistics ready for you tomorrow.  Sorry for the wait.

 The blog had an owie.