You made it to EA notification day! Hooray!
I have a few notes about what's going to happen this afternoon. I'll be posting a few more times today, so check back later for more information.
1. The release of decisions is set for 5 PM Eastern. The SIS has been tested many times and we have never had any problems with it on notification day. Click "View decision" and you'll be taken to the decision letter. If you don't have a login, you can generate the information yourself on the front page of the SIS.
2. I will post entries for you to talk about offer, waitlist, and deny decisions. I will step away from the blog after that to let you chat. I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow.
3. Notification Day brings a lot of joy, but there are going to be some hurt feelings as well. While I want you to be happy and celebrate your successes, I hope you'll be gracious around classmates who might not get good news. If you don't get the good news, I hope you'll be happy about the options you DO have.
4. You all have done a great job of moderating yourselves and I trust you to be respectful of each other in the comments. I caution you about posting statistics in comments. As I've written before, GPAs are meaningless without context, so trying to compare your stats and decisions doesn't make much sense.
5. There have been times when a reader has written about another school in a comment (as in "I'm going to go to ____ instead.") and they have been chastised by other readers. I don't think you should put down the other options that you or your peers have. Be proud of the offers that you've received!
6. We have switched to Regular Decision review, so I have a full day of reading ahead of me. I might not reply to comments right away, but I will reply eventually. Check back on Monday if you post a question.
Good luck, everyone!