Let me also explain that once you submit your application, it will take a couple days for the file to be sent to us by Common App and for processing to prompt a login email to be sent to you. When you log in for the first time, don't be alarmed by your to-do list. Credentials may be in our system, but not yet linked to your file. It may take a week or two to get through all the applications submitted in these last few days, so please be patient! If your transcript arrived a month ago, it was scanned and put in a miscellaneous credentials file. A staff member must manually link that transcript to your newly submitted application.
We will contact you when we are through the bulk of the processing if we are still missing documents.
That being said, here is how you can get answers to last minute questions:
- Post a comment on this entry
- Post on the wall of the UVa Class of 2013 group on Facebook (other students might have answers)
- Post on the UVa forum of College Confidential (current applicants/students may have answers)
- Instant message me through Facebook (please don't send a traditional message)
- Instant message me through AIM (UVaDeanJ)
- Instant message me through Google Chat (UVaDeanJ)
I won't be logged into all of those all the time between now and deadline, but I will try to be on in the evenings. If I don't reply right away, I've either stepped away from my desk (I'm going this from home) or am answering questions for another student.
Good luck with those last minute edits! Try not to submit at the very last minute!